As a passionate networker few things give me greater joy than connecting people with opportunities.
I got an early start as an executive in the property industry where I developed a solid understanding of how to match people with roles and roles with people. Since focusing exclusively on executive recruitment, starting in 2003, I have placed well over 800 executives in senior roles and put more than 2,500 executives through career development and recruitment workshops throughout Australia.
In the process I’ve developed personal connections with at least four C-Suite and Board level executives in every ASX 300 company and thousands of executives in hundreds of other privately owned businesses, government owned corporations and the not-for-profit sector.
Recognising that the hidden job market is such a game changer, I wrote a book about it
A few other relevant facts.
- I am the co-founder and facilitator of the successful “In Good Company” breakfast/lunch
groups for executives.
- I am the host of the highly successful Arete Podcast which has given me in-depth access to and interviews of over 100 of Australia’s top executives.
- I regularly present to Griffith University, Queensland University of Technology, Australian Institute of Management and other industry groups about executive career progression.
- I have a Bachelor of Commerce degree majoring in Marketing and Human Resource Management and a Masters in Business Administration.
- I’m a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management (AIM), an active member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) and an alumni member of Queensland Leaders.
- I was the inaugural president of the Brisbane Executive Club, QUT’s MBA alumni association.
- I own the LinkedIn groups the CEO Incubator (3,000 members) and Brisbane Professionals
- My own LinkedIn network of more than 29,000 curated first level connections puts me in reach of millions of connections within my network (not to mention those I can access through my
high-level recruiter licence).
- I was runner up in the Seek Annual Recruitment Awards 2013
- I won the Institute of Management and Leadership’s Owner/Entrepreneur Leader of the Year
(South East QLD) in 2017
On the personal front, I like to keep my edge through meditation and call on eastern Buddhist philosophies to navigate the sometimes stressful world of business and life.
“Few things give me greater joy than connecting people with opportunities.”
Founder and CEO