The social impact of what we do in business is becoming more and more important, so it was great to speak to someone who is making a success of marrying up the old corporate world with the socially conscious world of startups. Sandra D’Souza is the CEO of Ellect: a digital marketplace that connects small businesses with corporate buyers/investors, where every transaction has a social impact.
Sandra gave us a really interesting insight into just how much opportunity is out there for smaller businesses to connect with big investors, if only they could make the right connections. What Sandra is doing is highly successful but remains a relatively untapped niche.
Maybe your business could benefit from what Sandra does at Ellect?
- What drove Sandra to build a socially-conscious business
- The scale of untapped demand for corporate investment
- Why the type of business is as relevant as what it sells
- How COVID has changed the way we look at supply chains
- The value of an MBA versus real-life experience
- Why you need an open mind to keep learning
- The dangers of victim orientation
- The Wealth Dynamics psychometric test
- Why you need an exit strategy even when your business is doing well
- Diversity in the corporate world
- How supply-chain diversity is challenging the commonly held wisdom and actually making businesses more profitable