Too many businesses treat health & safety as a box-ticking exercise, but if you listen to our guest this week, you’ll realise what an empowering force it can be for an organisation. We speak to Gareth Davies, MD of SafeAssure: a firm that offers specialist advice on workplace safety and environmental management systems.
He knows what to do in a crisis and he also knows what to do to stop you having one in the first place. He explained how the suicide of someone close to him piqued his interest in looking after people in the workplace.
Gareth has seen firsthand the worst that can happen to people if their workplace is dangerous to their physical and mental health, having given evidence in court and sat by more than his fair share of hospital beds. This is an important listen for anyone who cares about the wellbeing of their employees.
In this episode you will learn:
- What inspired Gareth to go it alone
- The importance of mentoring
- The difficulty of working with your spouse
- What you need to think about to make your workplace safe
- Why you might need a gap analysis
- How long a Health & Safety audit process might take
- How Gareth made strategic alliances work
- What the Arete Champions’ Forum has given to Gareth