Just how do you learn the ways of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) across the world if you’ve never done it before? Scott Douglas tells us how. The Managing Director of Asia Pacific for WernerCo gives us an insight into his rise to the top of the management tree, and the inner workings of a truly global business. He’s on the phone to the global CEO and he’s answerable to a whole host of staff and a supply chain across different continents. Oh and by the way, he was the man who set up the Australian operation from scratch.
We’re talking to a real international high-flyer on this week’s Arete podcast. Stay tuned if you want to learn more about M&A, different work cultures around the world and how a company that distributes something as simple as a ladder can still innovate and improve the product.
- How Scott has managed an upturn in demand from COVID
- The logistical challenges of distributing products in the current climate
- The value of an MBA to Scott
- The halo effect explained
- How the Australian markets compare to the Asian markets
- How Scott manages international teams
- Balancing the demands of private-equity backers
- Strategic direction versus transactional direction
- How to acquire expertise in mergers & acquisitions
- What ‘strategy’ really means
- When it’s the right time to spend your time sitting on other boards