Sitting down with John on a Monday morning was a great way to start a new week. The insight John shared into his career was fascinating and his passionate approach to new challenges and opportunities was inspiring.
John grew up amid a fourth-generation family business in Inverell in country NSW, he began his career as an accountant at a local firm, managing accounting and tax returns for local farmers. It’s quite fitting he joined The Suncorp Group in 2010, given Suncorp’s beginnings are rooted in the agri space, and one of its primary focus continues to be serving the unique needs of the agri-industry.
John’s skills and expertise are in the financial and wealth industry. He left Inverell in his early twenties for Sydney, where he spent five years at PricewaterhouseCoopers both in Australia and the UK.
He has a Bachelor of Financial Administration from the University of New England and is a member of a number of professional associations including the Australian Society of Chartered Practicing Accountants, Fellow and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, Fellow. John is also an Executive Advisor for QUT Executive MBA Business Leadership Practicum and is a part of the QUT Business School Executive Dean’s CEO Strategy Group. John was at the helm of the Suncorp Bank when it was awarded Money magazine’s Bank of the Year in 2015.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia Fellow (FCA)
- Australian Society of Chartered Practicing Accountants Fellow (FCPA)
- Financial Services Institute of Australasia Fellow (F Fin)
- Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors (MAICD)
- Australian Bankers Association Council Member
- Australian Payments Council Member & Representative for Other Financial Institutions Constituency
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT) Business School Executive Dean’s CEO Strategy Group
- Queensland Government Advisory Taskforce on Residential Transition for Ageing Queenslanders
- QUT Executive MBA Business Leadership Practicum Executive Advisor
- John Nesbitt on LinkedIn
If you enjoyed this podcast please share it with your friends. We would also love you to subscribe to the Arete Podcast on I-tunes or Stitcher to stay abreast of our latest discussions with leading CEO’s and Non Executive Directors and post your comments.