Our latest guest is a real visionary. As Principal of Onyx Online Law, Jeanette Jifkins pioneered digital legal advice and remote working long before COVID made it fashionable. Onyx Online Law is a boutique firm specialising in commercial and corporate law with a focus on businesses in the digital space.
Jeanette tells us how Onyx has grown in the last few years, and how she’s shaken up the board of a not-for-profit organisation she is now chair of. She also gave a great insight into how she managed to start her high-flying career as a new mother. It really is a heartwarming tale of hard work and discipline combined with great support from her family.
Jeanette is a very well-balanced leader. She calls a spade a spade but also understands the wider human meaning of what we’re all doing. This is a conversation well worth listening to.
- How Jeanette ended up being paid to chair a board that was previously voluntary
- What Jeanette has learned from from sitting on different boards
- How Jeanette delivered 88% growth
- The challenge of putting together a dynamic board in the not-for-profit sector
- How Jeanette juggled motherhood with the start of a serious career
- Legal advice in a digital age
- What inspired Jeanette to start her own law firm
- How networking groups helped Jeanette
- Why remote working was necessary long before COVID
- How work contracts can be in plain English and still get the job done
- How Jeanette benefits from Champions’ forum