Margie Haseltine is a great example of someone who was able to take the road less travelled (through procurement and supply chain management) to becoming a CEO, in this case five years as CEO of Masterfoods Australia, with a turnover of $380M per annum. Margie has subsequently built an excellent reputation as a Non Executive Director, and is an active mentor for aspiring senior executives, NEDs and even New Zealand companies wanting to do business in Australia. Its a great conversation as Margie touches on some very personal experiences as she developed as a leader, and also how she has methodically and strategically grown her board portfolio.
Margie graduated from Auckland University and Secondary Teachers college. She moved to Australia in 1988 with her husband and started working with Master foods based in Sydney in the logistics department. She was one of the few managers who moved with the business to the Central coast when they built a green field food plant in 1991.
She brings more than 30 years business experience in a broad range of senior positions and 10 years Board Directorship. A proven executive leader, Margie has delivered significant achievements in areas of change management, governance, organisational culture and profitability.Margie worked at Mars Incorporated for 20 years, and in the last 5 of those years she was CEO of Mars Food (formerly Masterfoods). She is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Her current board appointments include
- AGRIFOOD Skills, Industry Skills Council. Chair Governance Committee and a member of the risk and Audit committee.
- Central Coast Grammar School
- Fantastic Holdings Ltd. ASX 300. Deputy Chair and Chair remuneration committee, Member Risk and Audit
- Stuart Alexander– Advisory Board Chair
- Sureway Employment & Training – Chair
- BagTrans – Transport services
- Southern Hospitality Limited (NZ company)