Our guest for this episode is Bruce Youlden, the MD of Educare: a multi-disciplinary health practice incorporating, pediatrics, psychiatry, psychology, speech and social work. Bruce is responsible for 35 clinicians and staff, and has the additional responsibility of having to cope with an incredible rise in demand.
Bruce made an interesting transition from running a school to being an educational/healthcare entrepreneur when he and his wife built up Educare. He gave some interesting insight into how he made the transition, and how him and his wife support each other and manage the dynamic of business and home life.
- The benefits of a multi-disciplinary approach to healthcare
- How psychiatry and psychology marry up
- How Bruce returned from the US and re-established himself as an executive in Australia
- The emergence of Newcastle
- How Bruce made the transition from public sector to entrepreneurship
- The challenges of different accountability from running a school V running a health practice
- How Bruce has handled building a business with his wife
- The increasing demand for health practitioners
- The future of the industry