Harness your passion for workplace health & safety and become a valuable asset to a thriving and secure company!
- Executive level Head of Safety role
- Flexible East-Coast location, WFH
- Dynamic & autonomous role
- High growth, reputable business
About the role
This role is integral to our client’s Executive Team, assuming ownership of the organisation’s workplace health and safety management. Leading by example, the Head of Safety fosters a safety-conscious environment, leading and encouraging continuous improvement and proactive approaches within internal and external stakeholders.
This pivotal role encompasses a wide array of responsibilities, ranging from crafting and delivering meticulous safety reports to conducting thorough inspections, audits, risk assessments, and comprehensive investigations, all while ensuring strict compliance with legislative standards. Proactive identification of trends and implementation of preventive measures play a crucial role in limiting workplace accidents and incidents.
Regular interaction with a diverse set of stakeholders, including key personnel at leading airlines and airports, necessitates occasional travel across Australia (once per month as guide). The Head of Safety effectively communicates with individuals at all levels of the organisation, championing health and safety, leading to heightened awareness, training, and widespread adoption of safety measures and initiatives.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a stable and rapidly expanding enterprise with excellent team culture. This role offers flexible working arrangements with the ability to work from home or in a selected office location across the Australian east-coast (Brisbane/Gold Coast preferred). You will be working in a dynamic and supportive environment where ideas and opportunity are valued, and no two days are the same. This company also boasts an excellent remuneration package and the opportunity to pave the road in safety and really leave your mark.
Skills & Experience
- Significant experience in a safety leadership role within a highly regulated, high-risk industry.
- Tertiary qualification in Workplace Health & Safety.
- Experience in working as part of an Executive Team as well as being able to relate to all levels in the business.
- Proven hands-on investigation and reporting experience.
- Exceptional auditing and compliance management skills; demonstrated success in establishing and continuously improving an effective auditing process.
- Comfortable working under pressure and ability to adhere to strict deadlines, including time critical reporting.
- Exhibit robustness and resilience, tempered by well-developed emotional intelligence.
- Experience in driving change and safety focus.